free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

A new site has cropped up, an alternative to the costly Mirus Online
(http://www.mirusonline.com.au /), which allows free reverse telephone
searches for numbers in Australia:

http://www.reversephones.com.au /

Seems okay.

Just found this posted in aus.comms

should be of interest to most readers of this group I would think.

Needs state prefix, also some mobile numbers come up, some don't.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

Terrific!!!

Thanks for the link

Cheers ..............

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz

is it legal?

Re: free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

This could be a very good tool for identity theives. Just checked my current
# then my previous # in a different town. Both on display for all to grab.

Re: Re: free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

I'm not there - "silent number".

Re: free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

You're always free to get an unlisted number if you're that paranoid.

Re: free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

Your use of the word free does not apply in this case.

Re: free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

Corse it does. I never said they dont cost anything.

And they dont cost a cent with mobile numbers anyway.

Re: free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

How to get delisted

If you do not want your number to be listed on this web site, please
contact us using the feedback link on the right. Only numbers that are
on the ACMA Do Not Call Register will be delisted. This is to prevent
fraud.

Re: free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

"z1"

** The only legal issue was that copyright the data was held by Telstra.

The Federal Court has ruled there is no copyright in such a list  - cos it
lacks "originality".

http://www.pacelegal.com.au/tag/telstra-corporation-pty-ltd-v-local-phone-directories-pty-ltd-feist-v-rural-telephone-services /

Long been said of phone books that they have fantastic casts but no
identifiable plots.

....   Phil

Re: free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia: OT

http://www.pacelegal.com.au/tag/telstra-corporation-pty-ltd-v-local-phone-directories-pty-ltd-feist-v-rural-telephone-services /

When my dad bought his car way back in Perth - just after the war - it
included a directory of owner names, addresses and regos of every car in WA.
Hard to believe, I guess in those days you didn't get many hot chicks
driving, and cool guys hanging out for their contact details.

Re: free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

Corse its legal, its never been illegal to do a reverse lookup.

Re: free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

Looks like Telstra list, doesn't work with my home or mobile number but I have 0
connections with Telstra - they offered me a non-ADSL capable landline so they
can keep it...

Tom

Re: free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

I have no connections with telstra either and it works fine anyway.

Re: free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

First time today I had a use for it (missed call with number that doesn't look
familiar) and site seems to be dead, pity it haven't lasted too long.

Tom

Re: free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

Still working here....

Re: free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

Was not working yesterday, is now.

Re: free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

guess what?

they are charging for it now. :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: free reverse telephone,searches for numbers in Australia:

Bugger!!! - But I suppose it was too good to last as a free site :-(

--
Stubbo of Oz