F&P washing machine control module

Water-cooled MOSFETs! I've heard these machines have various problems,
but you have to respect the innovation that these engineers have shown.

I don't need to fix this one :-)... but I'd like to hear from anyone
who's successfully hacked the module to use it for another purpose...
It looks like a dual H-bridge driving a whopping stepper motor direct
from the rectified mains... is my guess right? That motor must have
huge torque to agitate the wash load.

Clifford Heath.

Re: F&P washing machine control module

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:04:47 +1000, Clifford Heath

You are right about the huge stepper motor.

There was a series of articles in SC a while back on how to use it as
a wind driven alternator. Didn't have any information on the control
module though.

Dave

Re: F&P washing machine control module

It's not a stepper, and it is actually a 3-phase H-bridge.

Yup

Re: F&P washing machine control module

Thats the drive. I thought the motor itself was a brushless DC type?

Re: F&P washing machine control module

water cooled mosfets are fine until the water is disrupted mid cycle (tank
pump stopped) and mosfets cooked themselves, was an old model, probably
early 90's, apparently no protection for loss of water flow.