Eti 4000 speakers

I think they had kef drivers the woofer was reported as being nearly perfec
t in the low frequency range. They were reported to hold their own as refer
ence speakers. Unless you are playing good vinal or top tape recordings fro
m the same era you wouldn't get any advantage cds and mp3 or 4 wouldn't be
worth the effort. Cd and mp3 etc are not good at all.
My system uses a 3 way top speaker and a subwoofer it cost me $10.00, at th
e opp shop and sounds great. I used to have the magazine but lost it.

Re: Eti 4000 speakers

** IIRC, ETI 4000 speakers use only Philips drivers - never KEF.

 **  Oh really ?

** Well - for that sort of money it would need to.

 ** I guess the same goes for once having a clue?

....  Phil

Re: Eti 4000 speakers
No in some cases as in project 495 transmission line speakers they ended up using kef b139 also one driver was a celestion
 As written in the eti 30 audio projects. You are correct they only used phillips in their monthly magazines. If you are interested in the article i can copy it and mail it to you.

Re: Eti 4000 speakers

... along with your golden ear it seems.

Oh well I guess that has the benefit that you don't have to worry about
music formats or the quality of the playback equipment anymore.
--
Shaun.

Re: Eti 4000 speakers

This isn't a "site", you terminal retard.

Yeah. Just fuck off.

Re: Eti 4000 speakers

Wow so much wrong here .... Facts and spelling. Hardly worth further
discourse with one so ill-informed and educated methinks.
--
Shaun.