Engineering pocketbook

I'm after a type of a handy reference engineering pocketbook. Something that
has useful formulae, constants, and other useful data all wrapped up in one
pocket sized book. Kinda like an engineer's 'black book'.
Anyone know if anything like what I'm after is available in the shops?

Re: Engineering pocketbook

    I'm sure lots of people here can give some useful suggestions.
    But if you're looking for the same kind of thing in electronic form,
download http://www.elfa.se/en/fakta55.pdf
    It's got a huge amount of data and info in it. :)

Bob

Re: Engineering pocketbook

Well, I have three things like that (pocket like)

1) Old slides rules that were specialized for particular fields,
2) engineering calculators
3) The pocket professor books for 1000+ Physics and 2500+ Maths
formulae, but I obtained these ~40 years ago {:-).

Engineering is a big field.

Re: Engineering pocketbook

Maybe a pocketbook more directed to electrical engineering.

Re: Engineering pocketbook

I have the "Electronics Pocket Reference" by Edward Pasahow.
It is actually pocket size.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)

Have I ever really found it useful? - not really.

With everything being two steps away on Google these days, the need
the references like this has diminished.

Dave.

Re: Engineering pocketbook

AOL, which means ditto for the young ones.

Google is what I try now. Before I'd hoof off to a bookshop and find a
useful book and buy it.

The major/only problem wth google is getting the jargon correct.

Site Timeline