Electronic components suppliers in Sydney Northern suburbs

I've just moved from Melbourne, where I knew a number of good local suppliers,
to Roseville (near Chatswood) in Sydney's north, and I'm stumped for suppliers.
This has to be wrong, isn't Chatswood a major technology hub?

There's Jaycar in Greenwich, that's the best I've found. Altronics is down in
Auburn on Parramatta Rd, WES in Liverpool Rd Ashfield, DSE doesn't count (hasn't
for years). RS, if you wanted to walk in, is out west too.

What others are there that I don't have to cross town to visit?

First off, I need a new soldering iron to replace the Weller whose 24V element
has gone open. I'd prefer one with digital control and readout this time. Fine
tips (and likelihood of long-term availability) for SMD work. Recommendations?

Don't need much in the way of components yet, but an etch tank and an assortment
of RF chip inductors is on the cards.

Clifford Heath.

Re: Electronic components suppliers in Sydney Northern suburbs

You have just about named them all.

Re: Electronic components suppliers in Sydney Northern suburbs

"Clifford Heath"
<

**  ROTFL !!

     Wot a poon.

** Component grocery stores are a thing of the past  -  dickhead.

     RS and Farnell / Element 14 wiped them all out.

**  Hakko.

** Element 14.

    Wot a retarded, bloody dinosaur.

...  Phil

Re: Electronic components suppliers in Sydney Northern suburbs

It will be interesting if I now get the opportunity to meet the man behind your
unhinged persona.
I'll know right away if they match, because your nose must surely have been
broken a hundred times.
But I suspect you're quite different in the flesh.

I had decided on Hakko too - the FX888 looks reasonable - because WES has plenty
of spares available.
The ability to duck in to a local store to get something extra is important when
trying to fit a hobby
into a busy career. But you wouldn't know about that, would you Phil?

Clifford Heath.

Re: Electronic components suppliers in Sydney Northern suburbs

Clifford, don't take what this low-life retarded tird rate toaster repairer
says to heart. It's typical of the coward that he is - hides behind a
keyboard with a big mouth. In person you will find he's a cowering
meak-and-mild guttless fool that sits and fiddles with his dick all day, His
comments and voice are  to be likend to a lost fart in a thunderstorm.

Re: Electronic components suppliers in Sydney Northern suburbs

Phill is not a dill, and if you ignore his vituperative comments and he
deigns to comment sensibly he can be quite helpful.

Re: Electronic components suppliers in Sydney Northern suburbs

I admire your positive thinking however misplaced it may be!  :)

Re: Electronic components suppliers in Sydney Northern suburbs
If you look at his answers on other technical groups over the years, you
may change your mind.

Re: Electronic components suppliers in Sydney Northern suburbs

AS said, this guy has knowledge. Just take it.

Rheilly P

Re: Electronic components suppliers in Sydney Northern suburbs

to comment sensibly he can be quite helpful.

Along the lines of Hannibal Lecter, eh ???

Re: Electronic components suppliers in Sydney Northern suburbs

Didn't people see the prices ?!!

geoff

Re: Electronic components suppliers in Sydney Northern suburbs

No, Chatswood is not a major technology hub.
Corner-shop component suppliers are pretty much extinct in Sydney.

Re: Electronic components suppliers in Sydney Northern suburbs

Chatswood used to be a hub of the IT industry, that has largely moved to
North Ryde these days.

Site Timeline