DVD Recorder and VCR Help please

Hi I have a DVD Recorder with HD, and I want to record some stuff from my
VCR.
However when I went to try it, it comes up with a message that my TV is not
compatible with this DVD Recorder.

What should I do, is there some settings on my TV I should change ?
My TV is pretty new, only about 2 years old.
Any adice much appreciated.

Thanks.J

Re: DVD Recorder and VCR Help please

OK read carefully .

some stuff from my

What Make/Model?

that my TV is not
What Make/Model?

change ?

What Make/Model?  And how is all this stuff connected?  What
leads are you using connected to what?

Be a little more specific ;-)

Cheers TT

Re: DVD Recorder and VCR Help please

Strange that the TV tells you its not compatible?

Do you get this message when you are trying to record or just playing a DVD?
What make/ model gear have you got?
Are you using AV leads to connect the TV to the DVD recorder?
Allan

Re: DVD Recorder and VCR Help please

yes AV leads.
Its a Pioneer DVD Recorder and a LG TV, the problem is only trying to record
from the VCR to DVD recorder.

Re: DVD Recorder and VCR Help please

**It is likely that you are trying to record copyright material. (Naughty,
naughty). You need a Macrovision defeat system, if you wish to violate the
law with such impunity.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

--

Re: DVD Recorder and VCR Help please

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:25:09 +1000, "James  Thompson"

Hmmmm, smells like copy protection to me. Are the tapes commercial
ones ? If so, do you have the same problems with tapes you record
yourself ?

If this is the problem, you may be able to accomplish the recording
with the aid of a "video enhancer" connected between the VCR & the DVD
recorder.

HTH

Dave (one of the many)

Site Timeline