DSO Nano 2

Hi all, after reading the other thread about the various mini scopes I purchased one of these from Sparkfun for $AUD99.95:

It only turned up today so haven't had a good play around with but upgraded to the BenF firmware and looks good for the price. Quite a nice screen and build quality looks pretty decent for the price. I've got an Agilent DSO but thought this would be ideal to whip out for quick tests like checking a serial line at least has data coming out it, and generally tracing that low speed control signals are doing something. Obviously not a replacement for "proper" gear but I can see it'll save some frustration moving and setting up the bigger gear just to find a broken cable or that a clock multiplier is vastly wrong.

Being open source when time permits I might also have a go at adding a serial analyser to view micro debug output and that GPS modules are working and have acquired etc. When / if I get around to that it that should time having to setup a PC and flip adapters for 3V / 5V / RS232 etc.

First time I've been here for a while, I'm Peter that used to run CommLinx Solutions and it's good to see a few familiar names still around the place.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

**S-W-E-E-T. Please give us your impressions of this device. Looks like a handy addition to the tool box. Hell, at the price, I could bolt one to the dummy loads and another to the line level monitor.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au