Do batteries go weaker if not used ?

We aren't alone in having Energizer 2.5AH NiMH cells (supposedly made by Sanyo) self discharging at an absurd rate. Check out a discussion on the subject at:

Quote from preceding: "Conclusion: Self discharge of these Energizers is in the order of 25% per day...totally useless. Could be a bad batch, but once bitten twice shy.".

I entirely agree.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

I've been using 2 sets of them in a large Metz flash unit and they seem to have plenty of charge, even after sitting around for a month, but it's hard to judge it gets used at widely different power settings.

If I get a chance I'll do a discharge cycle and see how much power they deliver.

Reply to
Poxy

The ones I'm having trouble with are 15 months old and were OK until a few months ago. I've got a few other sets of them I bought 12 months and less ago, and they're still holding charge for weeks. It could be that these bad ones were from a defective batch.

Reply to
Bob Parker