Do batteries go weaker if not used ? - Page 2

Re: Do batteries go weaker if not used ?

    The ones I'm having trouble with are 15 months old and were OK until
a few months ago. I've got a few other sets of them I bought 12 months
and less ago, and they're still holding charge for weeks.
    It could be that these bad ones were from a defective batch.

Re: Do batteries go weaker if not used ?

    Me! I had one per year for a few years.

    Surely you wouldn't suspect any of the upstanding honest denizens of
  this esteemed newsgroup of cheating poor ol' Tandy into providing more
than one battery per month...? ;)

Bob

Re: Do batteries go weaker if not used ?

Check around suppliers such as Jaycar, they sell 24 packs of AAA
Alkalines for $12.95 with discounts for 10 & 20 boxes.

This is substantially cheaper than the supermarkets and they seem to
work well. If you do find any duds, you will at least be able to
return them for refund.

Dave

Site Timeline