Ad Blocker - Page 2

Re: Ad Blocker

There already is an Ad blocker. The ABC.

Cheers

Re: Ad Blocker

Dave, several years ago, I heard about a device (may have even been
integral to VCR's, etc) used in Japan, to Edit out ad's in Western
Movies. You see, Western Movies had sub-titles but the ad's didn't, so,
if there were sub-titles the machine would record, if none (i.e. most
likely an ad) no record.

As a lot of shows no have sub-titles for the hearing impaired, perhaps a
similar device would work.

Daniel

--

Re: Ad Blocker

Thanks Daniel

I do think there is a chance of using the sub-titles and /or Teletext
stuff for this. I am still battling with the line selector, as
whichever way I go , I will need to isolate the applicable lines.

At the moment, I have so much real work to do that I have no time to
play with this. After 30 June I will probably get back to it.

Dave

Re: Ad Blocker

   Find the manual for an old Tektronix 529 waveform monitor.  It has a
nice stable line select circuit built with discrete components.

prove it.