2SC5707 transistor

I need a 2SC5707 transistor (leaded package, not smt) for the inverter
in a Dell (= Benq) LCD monitor, model E172FPb.

Its specs are 80V, 8A, 15W, hFE (min) = 200, VCE(sat) = 170mV @ 2A,
tON = 30ns.

Here is the datasheet:
http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/sanyo/2SC5707.pdf

Can anyone suggest a supplier or a substitute?

- Franc Zabkar

Re: 2SC5707 transistor

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:08:36 +1000, Franc Zabkar

WES have them in stock at $1.35 even though they are not listed in
their 2003 catalogue or their 2005 supplement.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: 2SC5707 transistor

"Franc Zabkar"

**  I'm make a not in may catalogue.

That transistor has one HELL  of a spec.

Vce =  80 volts, Ic = 8 amps,  Hfe = 300,

PLUS   Vce sat  = 200mV

with an  Ft of  300 MHz  !!!

.......  Phil

Re: 2SC5707 transistor

Hi,

WES has them now.
I was getting some from BENQ in the past, although this was a pain.

And don't forget to resolder all transformers on inverter PCB.

Rudolf

Re: 2SC5707 transistor

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:28:44 +1000, "Rudolf"

Thanks for the tip/reminder. I always do this for TVs but it slipped
my mind this time.

BTW, have a look at the "fix" in this blog:
http://syscon.wordpress.com/2007/07/13/dell-dell-e172fpb-lcd-backlight-repair /

I found it amusing.

The author writes:

"The origianl transistors were c5707 NPN transistors, which are
impossible to get hold of here in New Zealand (they can be found on
ebay though if you live in the states), so hunting through the jaycar
catalogue, I found something quite similar, the MJE3055 Transistor.
The main problem with this guy is that it has a much bigger casing
(TO-220 package) and isnt going to fit nicely into the lcd monitor
case."

Yeah, that's the main problem. ;-)

- Franc Zabkar

Re: 2SC5707 transistor

"Franc Zabkar"

** YIKES   !!!

Any poor   "slow as a wet week"   MJE3055 will run   *soooooooo*   hot and
maybe not work at all in place of a 2SC5707 when used in a high frequency/
high efficiency inverter.

Kiwis have some funny ideas on substitutions......

Baaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh...

......  Phil

Site Timeline