2N5160 wanted

Hi All,

I've just blown up my Wavetek 166 (50MHz) sig gen and I'm in need of a couple of
2N5160 transistors for its main output stage.
They are old & appear to be made of un-obtainium!
Would anyone have one or two in the junk box?
I'm not looking for a freebie.

Part Number = 2N5160
Description = Bipolar PNP RF
Manufacturer = Various
V(BR)CEO = 40V
V(BR)CBO = 60V
IC = 400mA
Power Diss. = 5.0 W
h(FE) Min. = 10 @ 50mA
f(T) Min. = 500MHz
Package = TO-39

Cheers,
Ian Du Rieu
The Leon Audio Company
62 Edgeware Road
Aldgate, South Australia, 5154

t 08 8339 3865
f 08 8370 8780
m 0419 89 6262
e snipped-for-privacy@LeonAudio.biz
w http://LeonAudio.biz

Re: 2N5160 wanted

"Ian Du Rieu"

**  Donberg have them -  for a nice price.

http://www.donberg.ie/descript/2/2n5160.htm

**  Might be cheaper and easier to use a wide band op-amp.

..........   Phil

Re: 2N5160 wanted

Hi Phil,

I saw them when I was searching the Net ther other night.
I reckon they've got the decimal point in the wrong place.
It'd be cheaper to buy a new sig gen!

Cheers,
Ian Du Rieu

Re: 2N5160 wanted

"Ian Du Rieu"

 **  I doubt it.

** Seeing as the Wavetek 166 is a really function gen, that might be so.

 If the 50 MHz bandwidth his not important,  the 2N5415 might do.

 WES sell them for $1.65.

.............   Phil

Re: 2N5160 wanted

The price is right. Pity about the fT.
2N2905 may work too.  Its close in most parameters and its fT is 200MHz

Cheers,
Ian Du Rieu

Re: 2N5160 wanted

"Ian Du Rieu"

 ** The 2N2905 is well worth a try.

     WES have them for $0.90   !!

Re: 2N5160 wanted

 "Ian Du Rieu"

And Aztronics in Adelaide have got heaps of them for even less! :)

Cheers
Ian

--
Cheers,