Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

DVDStyler?
Has anyone here managed to build DVDStyler on a Raspberry Pi? I have run it for years on my Mac, but the current couple of versions do not play well at all on macOS Monterey. (The Mac version of DVDS...

How does Pi get its time?
How do Raspberry Pis know what the time is? On my Pis NTP isn't installed but they seem to know what the time is OK so how do they do it?
45
45

more Raspberry Pi 4 FLIR test
On a sunny day (Fri, 04 Feb 2022 10:34:09 GMT) it happened Jan Panteltje wrote in
1
1

Raspberry Pi bootloader enables OS installs with no separate PC required
Raspberry Pi bootloader enables OS installs with no separate PC required bootloader is available now, will roll out to all Pi 4 boards later. Serving the Technologist for more than a decade. IT news,...

Maintaining electron spin at room temperature in conductors
Maintaining electron spin at room temperature in conductors New super-conductors could take data beyond zeroes and ones Molecules that filter electron spin could add a new dimension to data encoding
4
4

Replacement Pi power supplies
One by one, the power supplies for my Rpi2 and Rpi3 computers are failing. They came with CanaKit and Vilros kits and are now pushing four years old. I'd prefer to buy from Amazon, since it's worked...
64
64

freebsd arm64 (rpi4) problem with regex?
This is on freebsd13.0/arm64/rpi4 A problem arising from milter-regex. This fails to accept known-good regular expressions, directly taken from a working i386 system. I believe the problem lies in the...
10
10

freebsd: bad stress test result on pi4/hdd
Hi all. I'd got a freebsd 13.0 system up and running booting from a usb3 disk on a pi4. Before completing the final touches, I thought I'd stress test it and simply pulled the mains plug out to see...
13
13

OS used
Hello Dale! Wednesday January 19 2022 12:59, you wrote to ALL: > Good Day All, > What OS systems are currently being used on RBerry devices as I am > looking to support them if possible. > Any info...
25
25

Re: OS used
Hi Dale; DB> What OS systems are currently being used on RBerry devices as I am DB> looking to support them if possible. DB> DB> Any info would be great. Right now, on the Pi that's hosting PiBBS, I...

Want recommendations for SSD drive for Pi
I'm after getting a small SSD to boot my Pi 4 from, instead of from the micro SD. Buying USB sticks and drives is fraught with danger from fake devices so can anyone recommend a supplier? I don't need...
18
18

Updated system
Hello All! Problem is now fixed - just needed more than one reboot. Vincent

Updated system
Hello All! I have just updated to the latest version using the script by Rob ? all when well until I looked at my networks setting which showed that there is no network set up and selecting the icon...

Re: Raspberry Pi 4's IP Address 169...
The 169.254.xx.yy address is a local link addres given by the Pi after it has not succeeded to get an address from your router. Check that your router has DHCP server enabled and that it sees your Pi...
76
76

Can CHROME be installed?
Do you know a chance to install GOOGLE CHROME? Chromium does not work here. Thank you :-( FW
17
17