WiFi adapter for B+ ?

I already have a WiFi adapter for my Pi B+ . It works okay, and I like that it was 'plug and play'. It has no antenna. I just got a new adapter for one of my PCs, but this time I went for one with an antenna (it's called a Diza100 - I've no idea who makes the 'important bits'). I have to say that the performance of the one with the antenna far exceeds the one I got for the Pi, to put it mildly. Unfortunately, when I put it in the Pi, it didn't recognise it. So, my question is, is there a WiFi adapter available that will work in the B+? Or, can I somehow get a Diza100 thing (I would just buy another, based on how it works in the PC) to work in the Pi? Many thanks for reading :-)

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

This link may help you find something suitable:

ray carter

The new one might just work better because it's dual band and the old one isn't, rather than because of the external antenna.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

The 'old' one is actually less than a year old, but I will check the specs. Actually, my AP/hub/router is quite old (TP-LINK TD-W8960N hardware v3 - about 7 years, I'd guess) and is only capable of 11bgn mode, which is selected. So I'm guessing that dual band isn't even available for the 'good' adapter with the antenna :-)

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre