Thonny - hotkey to switch between code and output window ?

Hello all,

I'm currently using the Thonny IDE to write python code in, and noticed that, when I F5 (run) the script the cursor moves from the code to the "shell" (output) window and stays there. The only way I know of to get it back is to grab the mouse and click in the code window - after which I put the mouse away and put my hands on the keyboard again.

As a Windows user I've already tried several tab-key combinations, but for some odd reason they do not want to function on the Raspberry Pi. :-)

tl;dr: Is there a(n F)key (combination) which allows me to easily switch between the code and output window ?

Regards, Rudy Wieser

Reply to
R.Wieser

On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 13:30:17 +0100, "R.Wieser" declaimed the following:

What does View / Focus Editor () do for you?

Otherwise, explore

	wlfraed@ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/
Reply to
Dennis Lee Bieber

Dennis,

Nothing - when the cursor is already there. :-p

But yes, it puts the cursor into the (e)dit window. And on a hunch I found that the key to switch to the output window is alt-(s)hell.

Thanks.

... And as fate will have it, as I /had/ to switch out of "simple" mode to "regular" to get the toolbar with its "tools" option to find thonny's configuration file (which does not contain "thonny" in its name, so a disk-wide searching for it failed), the "focus editor" and "focus shell" shortcut keys are mentioned under "view" ... :-\ :-)

Regards, Rudy Wieser

Reply to
R.Wieser