Small display (e.g. 7" or so) for use with Pi - where can one buy?

Thanks, that's useful, gives me a guide as to what sizes and prices are available.

I need to decide whether a full video display (like these) makes sense or whether a 20 x 4 character LCD display will do what I need.

--
Chris Green
Reply to

That's a way to *control' the Pi yes, but I want a dedicted display for showing instrumentation outputs on a panel. An Android touch screen device just wouldn't quite look right on a boat instrument panel.

... or at least I don't think it would, I'll think about it! :-)

--
Chris Green
Reply to

Oddly enough years an years ago the same sort of question went through my head with CRT displays. It turned out the price was actually CHEAPER for a VGA than a serial terminal, due to greater volume probably. And the machine had a vga card already so...VGA it was.

I.e. I suspect a small graphics panel will be cheaper than a character display in this case, too.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc?-ra-cy) ? a system of government where the least capable to
diminishing number of producers.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher