rsyslog config

Hi,

how can I prevent dhcpd logging each REQUEST and ACK it receives to the syslog?

Cheers, Tony

Reply to
Tony van der Hoff

may give you some clues

Reply to
Chris Elvidge

Thanks for your help, Chris;

As I understand it, both links essentially say the same thing:

  • in dhcpd.conf, insert "log-facility local7"
  • in syslog.conf insert "local7.warn /var/log/syslog"

then reboot (?)

Sadly that fails to have any effect.

Do you, or anone else have any other suggestions, please?

Cheers, Tony

Reply to
Tony van der Hoff

In syslog.conf Change local7.warn to local7.none on the /var/log/syslog line add a line local7.warn /var/log/dhcpd.log Or change local7.warn to local7. Try .error instead of .warn

Reply to
Chris Elvidge