problem with varnishncsa service

Since the upgrade to Jessie I receive an automatic email from my Raspi every morning which alerts me that the varnishncsa service reload failed. This is the content of that email:

"/etc/cron.daily/logrotate: Job for varnishncsa.service failed. See 'systemctl status varnishncsa.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details. invoke-rc.d: initscript varnishncsa, action "reload" failed. error: error running non-shared postrotate script for /var/log/varnish/varnishncsa.log of '/var/log/varnish/varnishncsa.log ' run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1"

I asked in a Google+ forum for help but they could not help. I already tried the hints in

It did not solve the problem. The service runs properly. A manually reload is possible without any problems. What else can I do?

Thank you, Steffen

Reply to
Steffen Bendix

Hi, same here. I just uninstalled varnish. It's supposed to be some sort of web server accelerator, and as I don't serve up anything other than the odd status page from the Pi, isn't worth the effort of sorting it out.

---druck

Reply to
druck

Thank you. I will uninstall it, then.