problem with varnishncsa service

Since the upgrade to Jessie I receive an automatic email from my Raspi
every morning which alerts me that the varnishncsa service reload
failed. This is the content of that email:
"/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
Job for varnishncsa.service failed. See 'systemctl status
varnishncsa.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
invoke-rc.d: initscript varnishncsa, action "reload" failed.
error: error running non-shared postrotate script for
/var/log/varnish/varnishncsa.log of '/var/log/varnish/varnishncsa.log '
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1"
I asked in a Google+ forum for help but they could not help. I already
tried the hints in

It did not solve the problem. The service runs properly. A manually
reload is possible without any problems. What else can I do?
Thank you,
Steffen
Reply to
Steffen Bendix
Hi, same here. I just uninstalled varnish. It's supposed to be some sort of web server accelerator, and as I don't serve up anything other than the odd status page from the Pi, isn't worth the effort of sorting it out.
---druck
Reply to
druck
Thank you. I will uninstall it, then.