pcDuino3 Nano

pcDuino3 Nano.

A20 (1Ghz ARM CPU), 1GB RAM, 1Gb NIC, HDMI, MicroSD, SATA, USB,

5V 2A power, Arduino shield pinouts.

I don't recall this being mentioned in this group before, but it's supposed to have been available for a few months for $39. It doesn't seem to be widely available in the UK yet -- there's plenty of the earlier

So like the Banana Pi, it should make an acceptably good NAS, with its SATA port and 1Gb NIC. With limited support (in the English-speaking world, at least), there's again going to be a question about the stability of the distros (compared to the huge support for Raspbian).

That Arduino-shield compatibility is a definite plus. But as with other A20 boards, I expect that if it's going to be placed in a case, then a finned heatsink would be needed, and a large hole cut in the case for it.

Reply to
Dave Farrance

Funny you should mention this... I'm considering replacing my Acer Revo with one of those. Instead of an Atom based x86 machine running 24/7 with a CPU fan and hard disk whirring away, a pcduino3nano + SSD would be silent and use a lot less power.

Reply to
mm0fmf