OS used

Its purpose is to make it more likely for me to hear the doorbell when we are out of earshot of the real thing, e.g. when we're in the sun lounge with the doors closed, or when we're in the garden. It's an electronic bell with two receivers, the second of which is interfaced to the BB, which then notifies me via Pushover on my mobile phone. Most of the notifications arrive within 2 seconds, although there was one yesterday that took 20 minutes - which is of course completely useless for the purpose. Like I say, it's a minority. But then I also get notified when I'm out; equally useless, but who cares?

I don't understand why you think it might be annoying. If someone rings the doorbell and I'm at home, I want to know - that's the point of a doorbell, after all. And if someone leaves a package at the door and buggers off, I'd rather bring it in before it gets rained on.

David

Reply to
David Higton

One of these fine days I probably should get a doorbell, or knocker or something[2] - but there's something about the way the our six dogs go librarian poo when there's someone in the drive that's quite unmistakable and impossible to miss or ignore.

[2] Actually there's a bell, but it's not hooked up in the fuse box cos I used the circuit for the shed (not shedde) and there's no button to press - cos the plasterer lost it.
Reply to
Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Sorry, at crossed purposes - I was thinking about motion detection, but yours is, as you say, connected to a physical push bell.

Reply to
RJH

I've been using Slackware ARM, installed via the SARPi project:

It works really well, especially for headless setups, and gives you virtually all of the functionality one would expect from a full and complete Slackware system.

Reply to
Poprocks

knocker

When a friend had a similar system I referred to it as the "Dog Bell" :-)

Reply to
alister

freebsd13 is deployed on my raspberry-pi-400, though the video display does not work well.

Reply to
abc