Firefox -> Youtube leanback: a few frames, and than no change (but audio continues).

Hello All,

I wanted to see if I could use Firefox to view YouTube in "leanback" mode

and for that installed raspberian stretch using Noobs v2.4.4, followed by: apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get install firefox-esr (all in sudo mode ofcourse)

Everything gets installed alright, but when I try to watch any of the movies I get just a few frames of it, after which image freezes (the audio continues though), up until ... I don't really know, but I again get a few frames. Also, the framerate is *way* low.

As a test I also ran the Chromium webbrowser, and it ran a lot better. No freezing and a decent framerate.

The question: Does anyone know whats going on, and how I can fix it. Some special settings perhaps, or maybe another version of FF ?

And before someone asks, I would like to use FF as it allows me more control than Chromium does (RequestPolicy plugin and alike).

Regards, Rudy Wieser

Reply to
R.Wieser