Can not reflash EEPROM

Hi,

I followed basically two links to test boot over TFTP+NFS root.

Cause I did not want to remove and insert the SD card all the time I flashed with BOOT_ORDER=0x2.

Now I can boot from the NFS root, but can not flash the eeprom back. eeprom image is the latest 2020-01-17. Could it be that it does not upgrade eeprom, because it is the same? Or is there another procedure ?

Thanks in advance

regards

Reply to
Deloptes

2020-02-13 is latest.
Reply to
TCW

I mean what I get in raspbian buster is 2020-01-17.

Does the upgrade/eeprom wirte does not work because it is the same version, or because I do not boot from SD card?

thank you

Reply to
Deloptes

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 07:42:10 +0100, Deloptes declaimed the following:

Suspect it would have been safer to use 0x21 and just leave the SD card /out/ to cause failover to the network.

Best I could find is:

""" On board bootrom checks for bootloader recovery file (recovery.bin) on the SD card. If found, it executes it to flash the EEPROM and recovery.bin triggers a reset. """ The full text implies that the recovery file is checked for /before/ it goes to EEPROM bootloader.

	wlfraed@ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/
Reply to
Dennis Lee Bieber

No it is definitely 0x2

and yes, I read this before posting, the card is ignored with 0x2 and from the nfsroot I could not overwrite the eeprom. I guess and hope it is because it checks the version. I will try with the 2020-02 rom this evening - lets hope it will do the trick.

For the future I'll know to set 0x21 and remove the card - saves some headache.

thanks BTW

Reply to
Deloptes

I'm afraid someone with more knowledge than I have would need to chime in.

Reply to
TCW

Thank you and I hope some one will shed light.

Reply to
Deloptes

It turned out that the card to boot from must be inserted when updating/writing the eeprom. I hope this helps someone in future.

Reply to
Deloptes

On Sun, 01 Mar 2020 19:10:40 +0100, Deloptes declaimed the following:

That would seem to have been rather explicit in the article I'd referenced earlier... That the boot sequence checks the SD card for recovery.bin /before/ checking the EEPROM for boot sequence. If the SD card wasn't there, booting would move immediately to the EEPROM sequence.

	wlfraed@ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/
Reply to
Dennis Lee Bieber

Hi, yes I read this and it gave me the clue.

thanks

Reply to
Deloptes