BMP180 Barometric pressure sensor - deviates about 8 full points from expected

Regards,
Kees Nuyt
Reply to
Kees Nuyt

Have you checked with Google Earth for altitudes?

Reply to
Bob Martin

I've found this is the most accurate way of getting the height of your location, far more accurate than (non differential) GPS altitude.

My BME280 seems to be about 4mb out when corrected for altitude and compared to Met Office sea level readings. It also differs from the pressure read from my Oregon Scientific Bluetooth Weather station in a non linear way (the same at low pressures and up to 2mb lower at higher pressures).

But I treat it the same as the temperature readings, forget the absolute values, just look at the trends.

---druck

Reply to
druck