Subject Author Posted Replies

dark lcd display
LCD display is dark. All necessary wiggles being delivered to solderable pins. Backlight visibly ON. Unit runs without indication. Is it toast? Custom unit for Sharp microwave - only replacement is...
5
5

Electronic Part Identification Help
Hello all, I know this will be a bit of a PITA for some, but................ Recently I had a electronic board that was hit by a Lightning Strike or voltage surge and things got a bit messy. Looking...
11
11

trasnformer/adaptor fire
I remember ca 1971 (I was ten) Readers Digest mentioned fires from answering machine adaptors. So I have always been wary about leaving an adaptor plugged in for long. I generally didn't leave my fax...
5
5

Fwd: Google is throwing in the towel
FYI. -------- Forwarded Message -------- Subject: Google is throwing in the towel Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 21:50:15 -0700 From: Idlehands Organization: A noiseless patient Spider Newsgroups: Google...

articulated vise skirt bellows replacement
A small articulated bench vise has a rubber skirt bellows that needs replacement. No brand name anywhere on the thing. Have had it for years. Anyone familiar with the part? covers the ball joint,...
2
2

120VAC MP3 player?
Anyone ever see an MP3 player that uses 120V and maybe is also and FM clock radio? I'm tired of paying with chargers.

Air fryer twice baked potatoes
I am not wrong!! Are you nuts? You NEVER mention more than a 60 amp breaker for residential uses. Are you kidding? (you've been around too many of those mini mansions or something - crossposted to
6
6

Outlets after a GFI outlet
You should only have two outlets in series out of a GFI outlet, right? Are there GFI outlets that cna handle more? What are they called?
6
6

Flam electical appliances
Cheap appliances from overseas, typ microwave, space heater, ligth fixture, hand dryer & al How can you tell if they are likely to have problems? I have trepidation about mentioning from CHina or...
1
1

SiriusXM
I just realised my car radio has limited satellite radio. Is that only for cars, or are there free satellite stations you can listen to at home?
1
1

Voltage conversion, 220V equipment in US
Living in Germany years ago we bought a digital piano with powered studio monitor speakers, both 220V only. It was an old but quality pro level instrument, a Yamaha P500. Back in the US we used it on...
3
3

Free to a tinkerer: Broken electric veh. charger
(well, modulo shipping. Probably about $20) A Level I/Level II unit, bought 1.5 years ago. It just picked up and fully died. No burns or smoke. Just kablooey. Might be as simple as "a wierd, one-off,...

Failure of a pair of Eppindorf centrifuges.
Hi, The photo here is one of a pair of Eppindorf 5415D centrifuges. morning both machines failed to operate. No response when the main power switch is flipped on. Empty display. No power indicator...
4
4

Dead Samsung UN55TU8000F
Hi all, when I plug in the aforementioned TV I get no red standby light at all and the backlight flashes a little longer than a second. Any ideas?
4
4

Tektronix 2335 Fault
My 2335 has been reliable for so many years and has now become faulty. The horizontal trace will only extend to about halfway of the scale and then folds backon itself. I have checked all the voltages...
1
1