Yamaha Stagepas 300 - followup

I only got back to this today , as no rush for it. The short plug-plug link between the amp and its own speaker (amp sits in the speaker housing then separate outlier sppeaker) has metal elbow 1/4 inch plugs, in touching distance of the L speaker output is a metal handle . Maybe not original but even so. L is the inverted channel and so metalwork of the plug is hot, elbow rotates a bit , toyuiches handle and so blown amp. Nylon spiral wrap around this rod-handle and some heatshrink over the elbows. Straight speaker plugs would be ok if plastic , if metal then would await a screwdriver or something to bridge that gap. L and R only applies to extraneous inputs, no pan control on the 300 I spent another 20 minutes trying to spot the difference between the PA , there must be an inverter somewhere but nothing spied. Anyway up and going now with repaired tiny D-Class power amp , matching its unsullied fellow.

Reply to
N_Cook

Yamaha do kindly warn that if you do not use the speakers AND speaker cables supplied, damage to the amplifier may result.

No mention of inverted outputs though.

How nice.

Gareth.

Reply to