Yamaha cd player spindle problem??

"Ron(UK)" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com:

I'll just measure it with calipers. I was hoping someone would have the correct measurement from a manual, as I am concerned about the plastic locating lug height being a problem.

Thanks TJB

Reply to
TJB

It's just been my experience. The original was pressed on with a machine. You and I press it on by hand and it doesn't wind up that the disc will rotate quite as flat as the original once the job is done. Like I said, it;s not really a big deal. The focus servo will just have to work a little harder.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in news:M4wJh.7089$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.net:

Thanks Mark. I will order a motor and see what happens

TJB

Reply to
TJB

TJB wrote in news:Xns98F3D15853006IDWhatID@203.16.214.243:

Just fitted a new motor. Can't tell if it has more wobble or not. I don't have any way to measure the wobble but from an 'eye ball' point of view, it doesn't seem to spin all that flat, (orig may have been the same). but the focus tracks the cd and the unit plays just fine.

Thanks everyone for your help

TJB

Reply to
TJB

Woo-Hoo!

Glad that worked out for you.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in news:Gx8Nh.1220$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net:

Thanks Mark, I still have this uncomfortable feeling about that turntable locating pin. If the laser assembly springs start to sag any cd you play will start to rub on this pin; there seems to be just over

1mm clearance. Oh well I will just have to see what eventuates.

Cheers TJB

Reply to
TJB