Wiring a 480V Single Phase Circuit

On May 15, 2020 12:40PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in alt.home.repair:

That's a great question and I'm glad you asked and paid enough attention > to realize that it was single phase rather than terminating > it 3 phase.for Single phase 480v just land the 2 hits and a ground. There > is no such thing as a stupid question my friends.

I assume you mean 2 "hots" which would be different phases (not hits) and then a third wire being a green ground connection, a total of three wires.

(2 hots of the same phase would be like wiring-up switching devices where one wire is line and the other is load.

Reply to
bruce2bowser