Why Do I have lots of background noise on this phone?

I have an AT&T 952 corded Desk phone.

and it is horrible about picking up background noise and putting it into your ear.. You can hear yourself talk on this phone which I think is unusual. I think part of the problem is a cheap microphone but I'm not sure.. I've thought about talking the handset apart and replacing the mic but I don't know what would make a good replacement.. Another thing that is weird about it is that it buzzes on line 1, but I only use it for 1 line anyway so I just use line 2..

Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

I suspect there is a problem in the interface connector wiring between the phone and the line.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

What would you suggest... I wired it and it appears to be correct. I'll check for a loose connection.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Did you try a different phone?