who has decent shipping rates for small parts orders?

My last Mouser order resulted in almost $10 shipping charge for $4 worth of components. So I'm looking for options. Is there any big vendor that uses e.g. USPS for small orders? I have ordered from Digi-Key, Allied, NEI etc in the past but can't recall offhand what shipper they used. Mouser is OK on big orders, but when I need a handful of parts and can't wait to make a batch order, they charge way more than makes sense for the size of the order.

It would be nice to be able to make more frequent small orders so I wouldn't have stuff laying all over the place waiting on parts, but maybe that is a pipe dream given the current climate.

Reply to
Ryan Underwood

I think my last purchase was at

and even though it was a small order the shipping was very reasonable. Try it, it might work for you.

Ken

Reply to
Ken

It costs them more than $4 just to make your order!

--
JANA
_____

yeh, futurlec rock, I buy lotsa stuff from them

Reply to
Simon Scott

I suppose if you rock up to the counter in person and buy $4 worth of components it is also going to be be just as expensive, but are they going to tell you to "make a bigger order or p--- off"?

Company's like Mouser have special courier rates which don't cost them more than a few dollars to send stuff locally in the US. They are even making a profit on the freight so they are well and truly covering their expense on packing and freight out of that $10.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Digi Key has the best by Far...

Global Semi the worst by Far.

Reply to
kip

Really? I've found mouser to be cheaper than digi-key.. I had a $3 order from digi key that cost me 12 and a $3 order from mouser that cost me 8..

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy