where to get NO diode embedded flybacks?

Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to be able to run multiplier circuits, etc. I am in the US. Thank you.

AB

Reply to
Al Butterworth

Would be useful to know desired operating voltages and so forth, but Mouser has a selection of low-voltage PCB mounted devices. Triad has a number of higher-voltage devices.

None of which have diodes installed.

Google is your friend.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

Car ignition coil?

 Click to see the full signature

LCD TVs don't need flybacks!

 Click to see the full signature

Something like this?

Couldn't even buy the wire for that price...

Arie

Reply to
Arie de Muynck

Sorry, I was looking for something in the 20- 40 KV range like was found in CRT's. Probably 15-20 KV at some mA since I was going to use a 3-4 stage multiplier.

Reply to
AJ Butterworth

Who said anything about?--nevermind...

LCDs with CCFL backlights, though. Low power (10s W), high voltage capable (3, maybe 5kV peak?). Comes with resonant driver circuit, full wave, not flyback.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Williams

Look for a 4-cylinder wasted spark ignition coil. It has two independent high voltage flyback transformers. You can probably put them in series for higher output voltage.

They are inexpensive and available at most auto supply houses. For example, the ignition coil for a 2003 Ford Focus starts at $16.75 at Rock Auto:

Steve Wilson

Steve Wilson wrote in news:XnsAAFE4B63ABE0idtokenpost@144.76.35.198:

Wind your own.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Ebay seems to have the AC ones, but take a good close look at the condition before purchase. You can sometimes google the part numbers of

the advertised device and come across a TV manual showing KV output of the transformer if that's important.

Reply to
TheExperimenter