Where to buy thermal fuse?

I have a steam mop that has a bad thermal fuse

SFFUSE SF188E

192 degree C 10A 250V

Frys and radio shack sell thermal fuse for $1 to $2, unfortunately they are all lower temperature rated. I could mail order it, but it's silly to mail order a $1 part and pay $5 shipping.

What other local stores are likely to carry thermal fuse?

The fuse is crimped to the other wires. Once I have the replacement, do I have to crimp it, or can I solder it? I already have soldering iron but don't have crimping tools.

Reply to
james

are

I have soldered thermal fuses before and lower temp than that, but you need freezer spray on the bulge, leave the leads long with enough room for heatsinking clamps/forceps or the like, in between bulge and solder point. For 10 amps you need a reliable crimping system

Reply to
N_Cook

Radio Shack 270-1321 is a 228C. If you can't find the right fuse, stick in a bigger one, I say.

Reply to
Smitty Two

Here you go. $.98 for quantity one.

They only have 1330 in stock. Specify USPS First Class Mail for shipping. It'll cost about $2.00 for shipping and will be in your hands in two days.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill47