What can I make with the programmable electronics from my wife's old coffee pot?

My wife's old coffee pot bit the dust mechanically, and has been replaced. I have the programmable electronic clock and controls which still work per fectly. The programmble control allows turning on of any load up to about

15 amps, based on the relay that does the switching of the 120V to the load . Once on, I believe the load is connected permanently. I haven't tested that yet.

Now I am wondering what to do with the electronics. I hate to just toss ou t a perfectly functioning clock and timer. IDEAS!!!!!????!!!!!

Reply to
hrhofmann

Alarm clock with light and "Tea's made". Pool pump timer. Slow cooker timer. Security lighting timer.

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Find a suitable package and turn it into a digital clock. Something unusual, such as a package not normally associated with digital clocks, might be entertaining. If you can't find anything, a wooden box will suffice.

One thing nice about the coffee machine timer is that it probably has a countdown timer. That could be useful for a darkroom timer, bomb detonator, or if it has red LED's, a movie prop. Yeah, add a few simulated dynamite sticks for added effect. Otherwise, a countdown timer might be useful for how long before you show house guests the door.

On the other foot, if you want to actually use the timer for something practical, plug your battery chargers(s) into the timer. Much as I would like to trust the "intelligent" chargers not to turn my rechargeable batteries into a lithium fueled inferno, an external timer to enforce the maximum charge time, might be useful.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Why do I envision the episode of The Simpsons in which Homer makes a time m achine out of a toaster ?

Anyway, many years ago I had a digital clock with a timer that instead of h aving a radio, had an outlet on the side. I have no idea what happened to i t but I lost it somehow. I know I lost it because I wouldn't have given it away or sold it. I thought it a useful thing.

I think it used to turn off after a couple of hours, pretty much like a clo ck radio does. You'll probably find the same about this. After a while they wouldn't want the heating element on all day. I would think......

The brewing element is what pulled all the current though, and it wasn't a big concern because when it's not suberged in water it turns on for a split second then the thermostat turns it off for quite some time.

To be the most versatile I think the best idea would be to just wire an ele ctrcal outlet to it.

Reply to
jurb6006

. I have the programmable electronic clock and controls which still work pe rfectly. The programmble control allows turning on of any load up to about

15 amps, based on the relay that does the switching of the 120V to the load . Once on, I believe the load is connected permanently. I haven't tested th at yet. Now I am wondering what to do with the electronics. I hate to just toss out a perfectly functioning clock and timer. IDEAS!!!!!????!!!!!

See my comments on alt.home.repair

Reply to
hrhofmann

Who is likely to do that?

Can't crosspost from google-groups?

Reply to
bud--

Auto-start for an electric car warmer in the winter.

Reply to
Mick Nowell

://

Contact for advisor : +91 9177522892

Web Design Hyderabad has a great demand and much more competition, But many of companies are not able to provide good service for customers, The probl em might be because of design quality, not providing dynamic works like con tact form or may be client expecting more work with very low cost.

To work with Web Design in Hyderabad, A designer should more honest with t he client, you have to be explain the work of cost exactly, If not a design er will be struggled one day with client, Every one knows a designer can do any work but it takes time right, We have to cost as per our time

web design companies in hyderabad

Web design history

The Hypertext concept was invented by Ted Nelson in 60s, however it was use d only for some decades after. During 1992 to 1994 other developers started adding up their own bits of HTML codes. HTML 1 tags and the HTML 2 born. A s internet faster now the Web designers are putting more HTML capabilities. In 1995 more HTML tags have appeared and HTMl 3 was born. Now designers ha ve an lot of option to use HTML B tables and style sheets and many more. Th ey also have animated images, and Flash also introduced. It changed the who le landscape of web design from static to dynamic.

The first web site published in the World Wide Web history at sometime in A ugust of 1981. It was some 30 years ago, however the Internet born in the s ixties. It wasn?t fast as today. However it was capable in transferring i nformation from one computer to another. Tim Berners was the first person w ho invented the World Wide Web. Tim Berners is British computer scientist. The First website launched in year 1990. on December 25 1990 with the help of Robert Cailliau and young student at CERN, Tim Berners implemented first successful communication between a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) patr on and server via Internet.

Reply to
Kalyan Ram

I used an oven clock as just a clock for years. It had a huge bright flourescent display.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I've long used a Delco digitally tuned car radio as a bedside radio. I think the display is flourescent, it's not LED or LCD. I soon discovered I needed to find how to dim the display, with the lights off the radio display almost lit up the room.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

A car radio next to the bed is a great idea.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader