Weird power transformer problem

Sorry, my mistake. I checked two sites and they agreed on the price so I assumed they were okay.

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker

Sorry, my mistake. I checked two sites and they agreed on the price so I assumed they were okay.

Also the beauty of lead to criminals is its weight to size ratio.

Reply to
Ivan

No one said "Criminals" are "smart"! Maybe they didn't know what type of metal it was - they were stealing! Some take anything if they think they can squeeze a buck out of it.

Reply to
Radiosrfun

Lead theft is a real big problem in the UK right now, and there has been a big increase in incidence of it in and around the town I live near. As Ivan says, it has a good size to weight ratio. At a grand UKP a ton, a hundred pounds of the stuff, which is probably just about what a couple of crack-heads can carry between them, is worth 50 quid, which would probably keep the pair of them smashed for the rest of the day.

As far as the police giving the scrap dealers a call, they probably haven't got the budget for phone calls like that, after shelling out on all the new speed cameras, buying the new paramilitary uniforms, and financing all the nonsense soft-crime squads that we now have. Plus it would take someone with a bit of noddle to work out this astoundingly clever plan ... d;~]

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily