Viewsonic N3260w with bad power supply board

Anyone know whether these are notorious for failure within the first couple years? I've ordered a new one, and it's on the way, but I am wondering whether or not to expect it to fail as well after another year or so. Seems to be configured for two circuits providing voltages to the main circuit board, with both being driven by the third, primary circuit. Both of the secondary circuits had several swollen caps, and the primary circuit blew a cap, which was the chief complaint and cause of total failure of the power supply. Noticed Viewsonic had several other PCBs which would have been compatible with the N3260w, as well as other devices, but they were out of stock. Only the B-00005305, which was the original PS PCB for the 3260W, was still in stock. I half-way suspect that the original PS PCB was designed with too tight margins for what it could do and what it was being asked to do, and ultimately failed as the result of this. Only thing I can think of likely to cause such systemic signs of stress as I observed in the dead PCB. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this device they would care to share. Oh, first three characters of the serial number of the 3260w were PVA, if that matters.

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
Dave