Veiwsonic monitor

I have a ViewSonic monitor that I purchased 2 yeasr ago. It was a "refurbished" one with a 90 day warrenty. Over the last year it has started to (& progressivly gotten worse) loose its color. Some days it is fine. Other days it will have no color, off colors, and many tomes become hard to read. It will also go from being very clear in color to being very blurry in black & white. Might there be an inexpensive & easy for this?

--
jerry g
Reply to

It's possible.

Otherwise get a free one from

or

... ...

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

no

Reply to
meow2222

That's a bizarre problem, I've never seen a computer monitor go B&W, the color channels are all independent, it's not like a composite video monitor or TV which has a color decoding circuit.

Reply to
James Sweet

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:52:21 +0000, James Sweet Has Frothed:

Maybe the video adaptor instead?

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Sure is. I couldnt come up with any convincing explanation, but a few distant outsiders might be:

picture contains only red yellow & orange colours, so loss of red channel makes it appear to go B&W

Video channels have a capacitor common to all 3 ccts (eg on cathode Rs or psu line) that has gone o/c causing heavy cross channel signal.

Cant think of anything that could cause tube purity to be lost momentarily

OS switching into 2 color mode.

Loose wire in signal cable plug shorting 2 channels together.

But none of these are in the least bit likely.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

jerry g wrote in news:jerry.g.2ejoa0 @diybanter.com:

Unplug it at the PC and plug in another monitor. That way you can tell whether it's the monitor or the video card in the PC.

Reply to
Jim Land