unlocking car audio?

Hi it seems that making errors in inputing code for Blaupunkt car audio is cumulative -manual says you can afford 3 mistakes->How does one go about unlocking the Renault's audio? tnx

Reply to
anglomont

My Philips car audio system also allows 3 attempts. The user manual says once you have used up the 3 attempts then your only option is to return your audio system to the manufacturer for resetting. Since this can be rather costly, I suspect many people will simply chuck their old system and buy a new one if they can. However, when you simply must have the original system in your car then you have little option but to send it back.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

I'm sure there's a 14 yr old who can do it for you - tried the local cops?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Most reputable and official car radio repair outfits, have the necessary gear to do the unlocking - at least over here. Garages have this problem all the time, and it's where most of the work comes from for two of my friends who do it. Just nip into your local Ford dealer, and ask them who they use. It's probably someone local. If you go to the Renault dealer, they'll just want to take it off you to get the money for the job themselves.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Reply to
Captain_Howdy

Google on Blaupunkt radio unlock code calculator.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

The dealers and some authorized service centres for your radio have the factory device that can unlock your radio. They have to access the EPROM and re-initialize the firmware.

There are some models of radios that have a master re-set code that can be done from the front panel, but I think your unit may not.

Most dealers will charge 30 to 40 minutes of labour time to unlock a radio. This can amount to an average of about $40 to $50 US.

I have a friend that his daughter screwed up the code a number of times. He simply took the car to the dealer, and forked over the few bucks to get it unlocked.

--

JANA
_____