Tubes

Western Electric 417a NOS Any use in anything today like an audio amp? Looked on one site and they were going for over 100 bucks each NOS.

I have a dozen or so NOS, maybe Ebay them eh?

Reply to
Meat Plow

If you asked where this belongs, sci.electronics.components, you'd be getting an answer.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

I know some tube heads here that's why I asked. And besides, I don't know every sci.electronics.* group in the hierarchy.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Try rec.audio.tubes.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Thanks.

Reply to
Meat Plow

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

But thanks for offering them to us first.

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)

It's amazing how you can post useful and helpful stuff on a group for years, and be a regular poster for anyone who cares to take the time to look at exactly who the post is from, and then get jumped on by the group stasi for making a post aimed at others that you know will be on there, but that

*they* consider to be slightly off topic ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

The netcops are everywhere

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)

Yeh Mike has appointed himself as the group nanny I suppose. This group has a very wide range of known and lurking subscribers so an electronic item like a tube wasn't that far off topic.

Reply to
Meat Plow

And, of course, the primary name of the group is "electronics", "repair" being a secondary qualifier. As far as I'm concerned, anything of an electronics nature, is fair game, provided that it is not too far off topic. As you say, there is a very large range of expertise and interest on this group, and it is a particularly active one, which is why I like it so much. The tubes in question just might have had some repair interest for someone on the group, and it's not as if it was some unknown person who was making the post.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

This group is not too bad overall, some of the others I'm on, the majority of the traffic is completely off topic bickering. A few other groups I've left entirely after contributing a fair bit and then realizing there was

*nobody* contributing anything I could use, just bitching about other members.
Reply to
James Sweet

And, so, we now have this originally OT thread devolving into a bitch thread about other threads on bitching *IN OTHER NG's".

Geeeezzzz!

Reply to
Spam Trap

Such is the nature of usenet. Why start a new thread when there`s already a perfectly good one to hijack?

;)

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)