This is ridiculous....

It's like trying to pick out a conversation in an AIR-RAID SIREN FACTORY!!!

Google should have some filter options so we can eliminate at least some of these advertisements for fake Swiss watches, "Pleather" suitases and other crap!

-ChrisCoaster

Reply to
ChrisCoaster

You may as well preach that to a pile of rocks, I doubt many people who are still using google groups are ever gonna figure it out.

Reply to
James Sweet

-

If any of you know of a way other than Google Groups to access usenet that doesn't require NNTP access I'm all ears... I got an account at Motzarella.org, a free news server mentioned in an earlier thread, and have not been able to access their server. I spent two evenings going back and forth with their tech support guy, who was very helpful, gave me alternate ports to try, direct IP addresses to try via Telnet, pinging their servers, nothing worked - "Cannot Access Server". "Details" showed a Code of 800ccc0e in every case. (using OE) Finally gave up figuring the ports were being blocked by the firewall on my end. Tried Giganews tonight. Did'nt sign up for an account, but configured OE to access their server. I figured I should get a Login Failed if I tried to log in without an account there, but got the same Cannot Access Server error in OE. At this point I wouldn't mind a paid account, the rates are pretty reasonable, but I don't want to pay for an account and be unable to access their server. Any ideas?

Mike WB2MEP

Reply to
Mike WB2MEP

I'm using the Trollkiller program to filter the crap out and it works fine.

Reply to
Ken Layton

Then DO IT! Replying to them is adding to the problem.

Reply to
Smitty Two

What advertisments would they be then? Ohhh you use Gogle.. there`s your problem, get a proper newsreader and filter the buggers out!

Reply to
Ron(UK)

Precisely why I walked away from a 31-year career in computers. Too many 'Managment Information Systems Experts' showed up and ruined it for me, my colleagues, and our customers

Scott Adams is not guilty of hyperbole.

Reply to
Spamm Trappe

Mike WB2MEP wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

You are paying YOUR ISP for service. Check with their tech support.

They may be blocking NNTP ports for some reason. Do you run a router/firewall? It may be set up to block everything but outgoing port 80 and responses.

--
bz    	73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

bz+ser@ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu   remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap
Reply to
bz

I use the free "Trollkiller" program for Google groups:

Works very well for me.

Ken Layton Olympia, Wash.

Reply to
Ken Layton

I wonder if we can complain to Google about this - seems like (idiot) @watchesblog.cn has so far posted 4700 odd spam messages in a few days...

I'm at least going to send off a few notes to anyone I can find at Google about this.

John :-#(#

  John\'s Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9
                     www.flippers.com
John Robertson

______________________________- Ken:

None of this:

} } TROLLKILLER Help After installation browse to Goggle Groups

in Internet Explorer or Firefox (depending on which version of TROLLKILLER you installed). The plug-in will load in the Windows task bar for the Internet Explorer version once you search and are in an actual group thread, i.e., search result. The Firefox version installs in the bottom of the browser itself. It will activate once you're on a thread.

In Internet Explorer you will double click on the Source Nine icon in the Windows task bar to bring up the control window. In Firefox you click the launch button on the bottom of your browser.

Once the control window is up you will see the tabs for the different functions. The "Page" view shows all the users who have comments on the thread you're viewing. You can select one or more names here and click the "Block Selected User" to add them to the blocked list. You can also manually enter a user name if for some reason it does not appear in the list. "Users" shows currently blocked users and allows you to unblock them if so desired. "Settings" contains a few general features like disabling and enabling all blocking and place holder style.

Currently TROLLKILLER only works on the United { {

Happens! I have Windows Vista, which probably has 90% to do with it not working as stated above.

I TOLD you, I have an IT degree - therefore I am USELESS when it comes to figuring out these types of issues! All they taught us about were mainframes and database theory!! What a waste of $40large...

-CC

Reply to
ChrisCoaster

________________________ Not to mention, but I cannot FIND the damn thing once it has been downloaded & installed!

-CC

Reply to
ChrisCoaster

I have Vista, IE7. Trollkiller didn't work when I first got it, but a simple email to them solved my problem. Seems I needed a different file. It's been working great for me going on 3 months now.

Reply to
Ken Layton

________________ Just contacted them via their Contact Form. I hope they can help me as they did you. Seems we both have the same setups.

I think second to Millennium Edition, Vista will go down as Microsoft's most hated OS ever.

=3DD

-CC

Reply to
ChrisCoaster