Testing a full-Bridge Rectifiers diode Component

G'day.. I Need to know how to test this 4 legged single piece component what a belive is a (Rectifier diode) gotten out of a computer power supply, which now i suspect of being bad. No is KBL406G, and it has a + and - marked on the first and last leg 4 all together.

The diode looks simmilar to the following..

Does anyone have a good diagram with discription on testing these component.

Thanks.

Reply to
mikuzj5

What was the problem with the PSU? Did the mains fuse blow violently at switch-on?

Check each leg of the bridge to the other 3 legs with an ohm-meter and see if any of the diodes are short-circuit.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Reply to
Graham

Reply to
Art

I use the diode check function on my multimeter, a bridge rectifier is just four diodes connected around.

Reply to
James Sweet

Yes that is exactly what has happened the fuse blew first. I change the fuse with another one of the same rating turned on the unit and the fuse blew again. For the Second time with two fuses blown i changed it for the last time and decided to turn the unit power on again only this time the fuse remained intact, to my suprise. In testing the power unit Further i found that a near by 1w 1.6 ohm resistor blew silently, this is located not far from the fuse itself. Each time i replace this resistor with the same one it just gets knocked out each time before the fuse does. I hope that explains a bit of what went wrong.

Reply to
mikuzj5