Tektronix 465B Focus Problem

The traces on my 465B scope are bright but a bit out of focus...I have heard of resistor problems in the focus control voltage divider in other models that have caused this same problem. I checked the CRT schematic and noticed the resistors in question are in a resistor network of 4 resistors.

Any thoughts on this would be helpful. Thanks Mike Miller Kansas City

Reply to
mike

What's the focus control do when you adjust it?

Reply to
James Sweet

The focus control seems to function correctly, but you can't quite get the trace clear and sharp.

Reply to
mike

snipped-for-privacy@westendstudio.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

The thick-film resistor could be out of spec,or you could also have astigmatism problem,or noise in the power supplies. First,check the cathode V (-2960,IIRC)to see that it's in spec.Part of the thickfilm network is the HV divider that sets the right voltage,part is the focus network.(doublesided thickfilm)

465B was not known for a really sharp trace-it has a mesh lens at the end of the electron gun structure.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik