Technics SL-B100 Turntable Grounding Wire

Hi,

I just recently had a Technics SL-B100 turntable refurbished with a new cartridge and needle. I don't have a receiver yet, but I was speaking over the phone to someone who might sell me one, and he asked if the piece has a grounding wire. I looked in the back and I see a small hole next to the red and white wires that plug into a receiver, but no wire.

Do I need a grounding wire for this unit, or not? Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. I've had a very hard time setting this all up, and I'm a first timer.

Best,

Rob

Reply to
Rob Willison

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 21:11:31 -0700 (PDT), Rob Willison put finger to keyboard and composed:

Here is a library of turntable manuals:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

If it has a metal tonearm, yes.

Many Technics models of this time had a detachable ground wire, which frequently got pulled out and lost. I have been able to rig replacements.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

On 8/9/2010 4:42 AM Mark Zacharias spake thus:

Should be super-simple; aren't they just screwed to the metal deck on the bottom (assuming there is one)? If not, then probably to the bottom of the tonearm mount.

David Nebenzahl