Wiring Ear-clip HR monitor to DB9

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to electronics....

If I have a stereo cable, with the ground, the red wire, and the white wire, and I'm pretty certain the white wire is the signal and the red wire is for supplying 5volt power to the receiver, is there a simple way I can wire up the red wire to the DB9 for power?

Currently I'm using DSR for cadence, CTS for speed, DTR for common grounding of DSR/CTS, and then I attach a 4k7 resister from DSR to RTS and from CTS to RTS (I dont know why I was just following instructions). So I have a basic bike computer.

Now I need to hook up the HR monitor, but I'm having problems figuring this out....Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Please, anyone?

Reply to
jb1566

no the red and white are left and right signal lines, no voltage there..

Reply to
James Thompson