Tandberg receiver TR1010E

I have my Dad's version of this, and it has a huge mains hum on one of the speaker channels.

Are there any well known faults with this thing? I don't want to junk it (sentimental reasons).

(I suspect failure of the large smoothing caps in the psu board.

J.

Reply to
JH

If it has the big hum on just one channel - it's putting out DC on that channel. What you are hearing is the sawtooth component. DO NOT hook up speakers to that channel, there is a high likelihood of destroying it (them). If you aren't competent to do amplifier repair get it to a shop.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Well, OK, I've replaced the smoothing caps on the power supply and the hum is no more. One channel is dead and I suspect that one channel preamp board is incorrectly connected up in the chassis. (It was taken to an "expert" who said it was not worth repairing).

Anyone know where there might be a Tandberg Circuit diagram archive? This was probably circa 1960.

J.

Reply to
JH

Well, sad, I know, to follow up to my own post:

I found a manual at

(If anyone is interested.....)

J.

Reply to