TAG8730

Could someone tell me what kind of a component is TAG 8730

Thanks.

Dunno, but I'd guess a triac. Just thought as there are some triacs with "TAG"-prefix (such as TAG220).

Where did you meet it?

-- Top-posting not supported.

Reply to
Simoc

That element is used in motorcycle regulator/rectifier. It is on alternating side ant there where two TAG8730 elements.

Except two TAG8730, in rectifier/regulator were

2 x BC337 GRAETZ 1N4740 (zener) 3 condensators 2 x 1N4007 (diod) 5 resistors

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 16:58:41 +0200, "b" put finger to keyboard and composed:

These are 500mA transistors. This is not enough current to drive the field winding, so that could be the function of the TAG8730 devices.

What is that?

Why not draw up a circuit diagram?

Have you taken any diode measurements across the p-n junctions?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Most likely a thyristor.

--