Strange HV electrolytics from Electronics Goldmine

Ordered some parts from EG the other day. Got a good deal on some 68u

400v lytics, but they're pretty weird. They look lile an egg shaped axial (which is how they were advertized), but when I opened the bag, there's *2* leads on the side which is normally the "+" end and one at the other connected to the outer sleeve. The 2 leads on the rubber seal side are actually + and -, so in reality its a radial. My question is...what the hell is the other lead there for? I can measure from that lead to either of the other leads and get a capacitance reading (~4u). Its made my Nippon Chemi-con but not in the catalog anymore. Ideas?

Pix here:

boardjunkie

After some poking around I found limited info on the FTK series. Apparently the "extra" lead is just for mounting stability. Ok, fine. Strange that you still get a reading off it tho....(in my best Bugs Bunny) ...capacitive coupling, no doubt. Bah...we'll make 'em work.

Reply to
boardjunkie

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT