Stereo zoom/boom microscope

Need one of these for fine pitch SMD work. The microscopy groups have deemed just about all made in China to be crap unless they are Zeiss, Olympus, Nikon or Lieca brands. Are there any favorable opinions on cheap Chinese no-name brands used for SMD work?

Reply to
oparr

Our assemblers use the regular adjustable magnifying florescent lamps for placing fine pitch on prototype boards all the time. We also have an engineer customer that is about my age, 60s, and can't see to place his fine pitch, so he has us do it. I sure couldn't do it.

May I suggest you investigate using a video magnifying system. We have one that is part of a board repair system that removes and places fine pitch. I could even see what is happening. I bought this sytem on EBAY a few years ago.

We have an optical microscope on a boom mount, but no one wants to use it. The problems seem to be the objective lense is always in the work area.

As far as the Chinese scopes, we have not looked at them.

Best regards, Paul Drahn, President Jodeco, Inc.

Reply to
pdrahn