Sony Trinitron Model CPD-G520 trouble...

My monitor is behaving strangely on power up...

When I turn it on, it will flicker green a couple times, sometimes powering down for a few seconds.

I found the service manual, but I'm not experienced with tv/monitor repair, could someone explain what is happening and point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Reply to
crack

first more detail is needed. 2nd if you've no experience of tronics you wont be able to do it anyway, if otoh you have but not with monitors it may be fixable.

presumably youre using it on the same pc and os as before? and it never used to power down for a few seconds? If both true, youre unlikely to fix it at all, as it would probably be some kind of short, possibly within the tube.

If not both true, it would be unwise to assume the powering down was due to a monitor fault. I've seen lots of monitors do this because video card wake up is delayed during post/boot.

Re the green colour, more detail required. What colour are the should-be-black areas? What colour are the should-be-white areas? What colour are the should-be-red areas? What colour are the should-be-green areas? What colour are the should-be-blue areas?

I take it youve waggled the D plug before asking?

People mostly ignore qs like this becase you didnt provide nearly enough info

NT

Reply to
meow2222