Sony NP-QM91D Lithium-Ion Battery won't take a full charge anymore

I've got a Sony digital camcorder that I'm using with the Sony NP-QM91D Lithium-Ion Battery, and I can't seem to get it to take a full charge anymore. It used to go up to about 430 minutes and now I can't get it to go above 405 minutes -- and I'm even having trouble doing that. The FULL indicator will come on at about 355 minutes and I have to disconnect and reconnect the power cord several times to get it up to

405. To be fair, I've had the battery for about a year now. Do they just start to lose their OOMPH after awhile, or is something wrong?
Reply to
David.H.Downing

Yes.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D

Yep, as they get older their capacity to hold a charge gets lower. Get as much use out of it as you can then dispose of it when it's no longer useful. Preferably not in your regular trash. Find a place that recycles them or properly treats them as hazardous waste. Some stores such as Lowes, Best Buy, Circuit City have a bin to toss used rechargeable batteries in. Hopefully they're really disposing of them properly and not just tossing them out with the regular trash.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

"Dave D" bravely wrote to "All" (15 Oct 05 20:33:42) --- on the heady topic of "Re: Sony NP-QM91D Lithium-Ion Battery won't take a full charge anymore"

DD> From: "Dave D" DD> Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:345374

DD> Yes. DD> Dave

But their OOMPH is so impressively scary for their size!

A*s*i*m*o*v

Reply to
Asimov

They're great aren't they! It's a pity they're so expensive though. Having said that, some Li-Ion phone batteries are incredibly cheap on eBay.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D