Solder paste shelf life

Have some leaded, water soluble solder paste (Kester HM531) for the last 3.5 years. Used it yesterday and it seems to still work like new. IIRC, shelf life was given as the usual six months. What gives?

Reply to
oparr

The difference between "It probably still works" and it will "definitely work."

Jeff

--
?Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.?
Frank Leahy, Head coach, Notre Dame 1941-1954

http://www.stay-connect.com
Reply to
Jeffrey D Angus

The stuff I use is water soluble Alphametals/Tolworth/England. Dated 1990 on the pot , I just pastify a bit by mixing with "La-Co"/ Chicago flux and seems to work fine.

N_Cook

on

I'm w>

Reply to