Smart UPS 700 ...

I just caught the 5-LED battery charge state indicator on the far right, flashing all 5 LEDs together. Everything was powered normally. Single "AC power filtering" LED on as normal. No or one load LED on as normal. No 'transformer grunt' to say that it was trying to produce power from the batteries. In fact nothing abnormal except those LEDs flashing. I've never seen it do this before. Just as suddenly as they started to flash, they went back steady, as normal. Then, as I was typing this, they just flashed again about four or five times, and have now gone back steady again.

Anyone know what it's trying to tell me ?

TIA

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

This is common when the batteries need changing. I have the Smart UPS

1000's here in my office, and they do this when the batteries need changing.

--

JANA _____

Anyone know what it's trying to tell me ?

TIA

Arfa

Reply to
JANA

Put a 200 watt load on it and see how long it will produce power. Or install the PC interface cable and software and look in the applet for any warnings. Might be the batteries have lost their ability to hold a charge and the unit is warning you of this when it does a self test as they routinely do.

Reply to
Meat Plow