Small DC motor question

Hi,

I have a couple of questions concerning a small dc motor that operates a moving display track. It uses a 15 volt 400ma adapter which checks out fine. The motor powers a sliding arm that reverses when it reaches the end of the run and vice versa. What I am having trouble with is keeping the motor running. After a minute or so the motor quits, when I disconnect the motor and wait a minute or so and re-connect it, it runs again for another 15 seconds. I went out and purchased 2 new similar motors and they do the same thing. If I hook the motor up directly to the ac adapter the motor will run with no problems. The adapter powers a little circuit board that houses the electronics for the reversing switch, from here the wires go to the motor. Is the problem in the switch or board? Are there motor problems? Thanks in advance for the help.

Reply to
cool jer

Is it getting hot? How does it run with no load?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

No, all three motors run cool. It runs fine with no load if hooked directly to the ac adapter. When hooked through the wire leads coming off the control board it slows down and stops whether it is no load or load.

Reply to
cool jer

Checked the voltage under load?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Maybe that control board is defective. Try connecting an LED in place of the motor,

Reply to
reply

How does it sense the end of travel to reverse? I suspect a problem with the sensors or board, it's gotta be something really simple, the motor is obviously fine.

Reply to
James Sweet

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:48:04 -0800, cool jer Has Frothed:

You just answered your own question.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

its the control board, cant be anything else.

NT

Reply to
meow2222